Our thanks to our friends at ZixCorp for inviting CynergisTek to contribute to the next Thought Leaders Series event!
When: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 @ 2:00 pm ET
Join Mac McMillan, Co-Founder and CEO, CynergisTek and Chair, HIMSS Privacy and Security Policy Task Force and Adam Greene, Partner, Davis Wright, Tremaine and Former Regulator, US Department of Health and Human Services for this timely discussion on OCR’s HIPAA/HITECH enforcement efforts.
As many know, OCR initiated its proactive HIPAA Audit Program, providing notification to the first 20 selected organizations in December, and promising to complete a total of 150 audits by the year-end.
CynergisTek, a ZixCorp Diamond Partner, was selected by one of these “First 20” to provide consulting and advisory services to its organization throughout the audit process. This audit program runs in parallel with the investigations initiated as a result of complaints and breaches reported to the OCR, terrain all to familiar to Adam Greene and his colleagues at Davis Wright Tremaine.
In this heightened compliance and enforcement environment, protecting ePHI and understanding the implications of non-compliance with these laws is increasingly important.
This webinar will address:
- What we know about the HIPAA Audit Program process…so far.
- What lessons have been learned from the complaint and breach investigations and the future trajectory of enforcement.
- What technologies, people and processes contribute to an effective HIPAA/HITECH compliance program.
- What gaps translate into the greatest risks.
- How to establish a posture of readiness in the event your organization suffers a breach or complaint, or is selected next for a random audit.
- How email encryption from ZixCorp helps organizations meet regulatory requirements.
This 60-minute session will be followed by a 30-minute technical demonstration of ZixCorp’s email encryption solution. Please plan to stay on the line if your schedule permits.
Register Here: www.zixcorp.com/thought-leader/audit/?referrer=cynergistek and you will have a chance to win an iPad2!