Virtual Privacy Officer
You’ve Come to the Right Place
With increased attention on data and information systems, healthcare entities are finding it difficult to attract, recruit, and retain the highly-skilled privacy and compliance resources that are needed in today’s complex, data-driven healthcare setting. Because of this CynergisTek offers a Virtual Privacy Officer (vPO) service.
Our Virtual Privacy Officer Service offers a senior privacy consultant to provide dedicated privacy and compliance expertise and advice. The vPO may provide tactical planning and program execution based on business goals to help achieve an effective privacy program.
CynergisTek provides experienced privacy professionals who have held both strategic and tactical roles in large, complex privacy programs as well as in small organizations to assist clients in building, supporting, and managing the privacy program as a whole.
A virtual Privacy Officer can assist with a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Serving as the principal advisor to the privacy official and other senior staff members as requested and providing support to matters involving privacy and breach notification decisions.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing activities in support of the continued growth of the organization’s privacy program.
- Providing guidance and implementation criteria for complex and technical aspects of the Privacy Rule.
- Coordinating and providing mentoring to personnel assigned privacy-related responsibilities.
- Identifying any formal training or certifications personnel should have or achieve in order to perform their duties competently.
- Providing periodic privacy education, awareness sessions, and periodic reminders on privacy for the workforce at large as requested.
Contact us today to determine if a virtual Privacy Officer can be beneficial for your organization.
CynergisTek won 2017 Best in KLAS
award for Cyber Security Advisory Services
Subscribe to Cyber Bulletins
Get the latest cybersecurity news, tips, and more delivered once a month to your inbox.
Industry Resources and Insights
CynergisTek’s team of subject matter experts have been recognized as industry thought leaders by multiple sources (e.g. Becker’s Hospital Review and Health Data Management). Visit our Insights Center for useful resources they developed to address the latest news, tips, and best practices in cybersecurity, privacy, and compliance.
It also features educational webinars, videos, and checklists on some of the top industry challenges, such as breach response, OCR audits and enforcement actions, endpoint device security, and more.