Virtual CISO (vCISO)
You’ve Come to the Right Place
At CynergisTek a vCISO (Virtual Chief Information Security Officer) is derived of someone who is a security leader that can support and mature an organization’s security program and act as an advisor to an existing CISO, CIO, or Board.
While every client relationship is unique, typical areas of focus for a CynergisTek Virtual CISO includes:
- Meeting with executives, c-level sponsors, and key IT stakeholders.
- Establishing a working cybersecurity program.
- Formulating security governance and managing identified risks.
- Working with IT, client business partners, and CIO to remediate risks.
- Providing reports and dashboards to track risks.
- Implementing cybersecurity best practices.
- Creating, editing, and/or reviewing policies and procedures.
- Providing cybersecurity awareness training.
Benefits of hiring a CynergisTek Virtual CISO includes:
- Having someone manage multiple projects because risk assessment results showed an increase in remediation.
- Having an advisor to support security goals when speaking to the board.
- Having an advisor when there is a lack of experienced resources to mature a security program.
Contact us today to determine if a virtual CISO is right for your organization.
CynergisTek won 2017 Best in KLAS
award for Cyber Security Advisory Services
Security has become a critical element of doing good business with providers. It’s not the result of concerns regarding forthcoming HIPAA audits. It’s simply the right thing to do. We realize the need for a dedicated role to oversee information security and think CynergisTek’s vCISO resource will serve us well in analyzing our current state of security and in developing a strategy for improving the overall program.
Subscribe to Cyber Bulletins
Get the latest cybersecurity news, tips, and more delivered once a month to your inbox.
Industry Resources and Insights
CynergisTek’s team of subject matter experts have been recognized as industry thought leaders by multiple sources (e.g. Becker’s Hospital Review and Health Data Management). Visit our Insights Center for useful resources they developed to address the latest news, tips, and best practices in cybersecurity, privacy, and compliance.
It also features educational webinars, videos, and checklists on some of the top industry challenges, such as breach response, OCR audits and enforcement actions, endpoint device security, and more.