Security, Privacy and Compliance Experts to Discuss Biggest Security Challenges and Proven Strategies for Addressing Them at Events Across the U.S.
Austin, TX, May 22, 2018 — CynergisTek, (NYSE AMERICAN: CTEK), a leader in healthcare cybersecurity and information management, today announced that members of its executive team have been selected to speak at several healthcare conferences taking place across the U.S. throughout June. The company’s thought leaders will lead eight sessions at four different events to share best practices for building effective security and privacy programs that meet HIPAA regulations, while also protecting against the latest cyber-threats.
Presentations will focus on the top issues and trends facing healthcare today, such as ransomware attacks, privacy concerns in academic research, and compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. Specifically, CynergisTek executives will present at the following events:
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) Higher Education Compliance Conference: Marti Arvin, Vice President of Audit Strategy, to join the panel discussion, “Tools, Strategies, and Lessons Learned to Address Unique HIPAA Issues for Universities and AMCs.” The session will take place on June 6 at 8:30 am CDT in Austin, Texas.
- Healthcare Care Compliance Association (HCCA) Research Compliance Conference: Marti Arvin to present the session, “W3 Patient Privacy In Research Under HIPAA and The Additional HIPAA and Privacy Issues Related to Big Data Sets.” The session will take place on June 6 at 10:15 a.m. CDT in Austin, Texas.
- Academic Medical Center (AMC) Security & Privacy Conference:
- John Nye, Senior Director of Cybersecurity Research and Communications, to join the panel discussion, “NIST 800-63: Real World vs. Government Guidelines.” The panel will take place on June 11 at 10:45 a.m. EDT in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Marti Arvin to join the panel discussion, “Human vs. Machine: Embracing the Old or Exploring the New Frontiers.” The panel will take place on June 11 at 10:45 a.m. EDT in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Marti Arvin to join the panel discussion, “Traps, Tricks & Trepidation in HIPAA & Hybrid Entity Designations at Universities & AMCs.” The panel will take place on June 12 at 10:45 a.m. EDT in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Clyde Hewitt, Vice President of Security Strategy, to join the panel discussion, “Hollywood’s Hype & Harsh Reality of a Ransomware Attack.” The panel will take place on June 12 at 1:00 p.m. EDT in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- David Holtzman, Vice President of Compliance, to join the panel discussion, “GDPR for AMCs.” The panel will take place on June 12 at 1:00 p.m. EDT in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- The American Healthcare Lawyers Association (AHLA) Annual Meeting: David Holtzman to present the session, “Cutting through the Fog of Monitoring and Auditing of User Activity in Information Systems Handling Sensitive Data.” The session will take place on June 26 at 3:15 p.m. CDT in Chicago, Illinois.
As the healthcare industry’s cyber-threat landscape evolves, provider organizations are feeling increasing pressure to protect against growing attacks,” said Mac McMillan, President and CEO at CynergisTek. “This is why it’s more critical than ever for our experts to share guidance and strategies for improving security and privacy across the industry.”
For a complete list of upcoming conferences that CynergisTek will be attending, visit https://cynergistek.com/events.
About CynergisTek Inc.
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output management goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations. The company has been named in numerous research reports as one of the top firms that provider organizations turn to for privacy and security and won 2017 Best in KLAS award for Cyber Security Advisory Services.
This release contains certain forward-looking statements relating to the business of CynergisTek that can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “believes,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “may” or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, including uncertainties relating to product/service development, long and uncertain sales cycles, the ability to obtain or maintain patent or other proprietary intellectual property protection, market acceptance, future capital requirements, competition from other providers, the ability of our vendors to continue supplying the company with equipment, parts, supplies and services at comparable terms and prices and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected. Some of these risks and uncertainties are or will be described in greater detail in our Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are available at http://www.sec.gov. CynergisTek is under no obligation (and expressly disclaims any such obligation) to update or alter its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Senior Account Executive
(617) 332-9999 x241