David Holtzman, CynergisTek’s VP of Compliance and former OCR senior advisor, will be presenting a session and participating in a panel discussion at the National HIPAA Summit. Learn more about the conference here.
Recovering from a Breach: Strategies for Reporting and Responding to OCR
March 22 | 9:15 – 9:45 am
During this session, David will cover topics including:
- How to prepare for the compliance review investigation OCR will conduct after reporting any significant breach
- Knowing how to recognize when your history of reporting small breaches becomes a big problem when reporting a significant breach incident
- Tips for what information to include in your breach report that will spotlight the effectiveness of your compliance program
Healthcare Security Officer Best Practices Roundtable
March 22 | 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
- Janelle Burns, Esq. – Corporate Privacy and Security Officer, Baptist Memorial Healthcare Corporation
- Dr. Angela Duncan Diop, ND, CHCIO – Vice President of Information Systems, Unity Health Care, Inc.
- Clyde Hewitt, MS – Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Allscripts; Immediate Past President, North Carolina Healthcare Information and Communication Alliance (NCHICA)
- David Holtzman, JD, CIPP – Vice President, Compliance, CynergisTek, Inc.; Former Senior Adviser for HIT and the HIPAA Security Rule, Office for Civil Rights, HHS
- Moderator: John C. Parmigiani – President, John C. Parmigiani and Associates, LLC; Former Director of Enterprise Standards, HCFA