- HIPAA challenges for both covered entities and business associates, including risk assessments and enforcement
- Information on compliance audits by OCR, CMS and OIG, including the lessons learned from previous findings
- Strategies for audit preparedness
- Security challenges and cybersecurity threats around the industry, as well as best practices to combat them
- Real-world examples of recent incidents and key takeaways from each
Click here to view more information and a handout to distribute to your team[button link=”#register” color=”custom” size=”” stretch=”” type=”” shape=”” target=”_self” title=”” gradient_colors=”#e2624c|#e27461″ gradient_hover_colors=”#e2624c|#e2624c” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]Register Now[/button]
Why You Should Attend
- OCR has begun the next round of random OCR audits, and this time both covered entities and business associates will be selected.
- Multiple government agencies are imposing fines and penalties through breach settlements and investigations of incidents. In fact, OCR issued over $4.3M in fines in the last 45 days of 2015.
- Healthcare breaches are on the rise, and the average cost of a data breach for healthcare organizations is now over $2.1 million, according to the Ponemon Institute.
- New and trending threats to healthcare security are an increasing concern to the industry and require proactive, not reactive, security measures.
- Healthcare organizations are becoming attractive targets, due to the amount and value of data that is stored on their systems.
- Attendees have the opportunity to submit certificate of completion and agenda for continuing education credits.
- HIPAA Updates
- Enforcement Activities for Non-Compliance
- Audit Outlook
- Hot Issues for 2016
- What’s Changing
- Top Threat Areas
- The Impact to Healthcare
Who Should Attend
- Privacy Officers & Analysts
- Security Officers & Analysts
- Compliance Officers & Analysts
- CIOs, CISOs & IT Directors
- HIM Directors
What Past Attendees are Saying[testimonials design=”classic” backgroundcolor=”” textcolor=”” random=”” class=”” id=””] [testimonial name=”P. Smith” avatar=”male” image=”” image_border_radius=”” company=”Speciality Hospital of Washington at Capitol Hill” link=”” target=”_self”]I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.[/testimonial][/testimonials]
[testimonials design=”classic” backgroundcolor=”” textcolor=”” random=”” class=”” id=””] [testimonial name=”Anonymous” avatar=”male” image=”” image_border_radius=”” company=”Director of Health Information Management and Privacy Officer” link=”” target=”_self”]The presenter was very knowledgeable and provided numerous real-world examples for the more abstract concepts being discussed. Allowing questions to be asked during the presentation and discussion to occur enhanced the value because we could tie it back into issues we are currently facing.[/testimonial][/testimonials]
Read more about the positive feedback we received from our regional workshops in 2015.
[menu_anchor name=”register”]Registration Form
[wufoo username=”mrmikemgm” formhash=”mio52vi1j9fay2″ autoresize=”true” height=”873″ header=”show” ssl=”true”]