We invite you to attend our free Healthcare Privacy and Security Workshop on Thursday, September 12th in Birmingham. During this three-hour educational event, industry experts David Holtzman and John Nye will discuss key topics related to healthcare privacy, security, and compliance. Drawing on their own experiences as well as the events, practices, and approaches, that we have seen from working with healthcare organizations of all sizes and types, this interactive workshop will provide you with practical tips and best practices.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
Privacy, Security, and Compliance Challenges for Healthcare
New Privacy Laws and What They May Mean for You
OCR & CMS Investigations and How to Respond
Cybersecurity Threats and Trends Across the Healthcare Industry
Medical Device and IoT Device Security Best Practices
Real-World Examples of Recent Incidents and Some Key Takeaways from Each
Register For This Event
Why You Should Attend
- In 2018, 58% of all healthcare breaches were initiated by insiders.
- Ransomware leads all malicious code categories, responsible for 70% of breach attempt incidents.
- Almost half of the patients said they would find a different provider if they were informed that their medical records were stolen.
- New threats to healthcare security are an increasing concern to the industry and require proactive, not reactive, security measures.
- Attendees have the opportunity to submit a certificate of completion and agenda for continuing education credits.
- Potential Impacts: Recent Privacy Law Changes
- The Threat Landscape in 2019 and Beyond
- Breach Examples and How to Respond
- Lunch (provided)
- Who Needs to be Involved?
- Cybersecurity Issues for 2019
- Medical Device and IoT Device Security
- Incident Response
Who Should Attend
- Privacy Officers & Analysts
- Security Officers & Analysts
- Biomedical and Clinical Engineers
- Compliance Officers & Analysts
- CIOs, CISOs & IT Directors
- HIM Directors
- Legal Professionals
What Past Attendees are Saying
I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.
“Thank you so much for the chance to attend this event. It was a great program, well presented and the appropriate length of time. I look forward to participating again in the future.”
Read more about the positive feedback we received from our workshops in 2018.