We invite you to attend CTEK Knowledge Share Series, a three-hour, educational event focused on privacy, security, and compliance in healthcare on Thursday, November 21st in Nashville. During this interactive event, industry experts Marti Arvin and David Finn will provide updates on the latest trends, and discuss practical guidance and best practices to help you improve your organization’s privacy and security. The two will offer their unique perspectives, drawing on Marti’s past experience as a Chief Compliance Officer for several hospitals and David’s 30 years of experience in privacy and security (including time spent as a CIO and Privacy Officer at a children’s hospital). The duo will also use firsthand examples from recent events, best practices, and approaches that we have seen from working with healthcare organizations of all sizes.
*CTEK will cover parking that is available above the facility in the SP+ parking garage, accesible by 4th Ave North.
Register For This Event
Privacy, Security, and Compliance Challenges for Healthcare
New Privacy Laws and What They May Mean for You
OCR & CMS Investigations and How to Respond
Cybersecurity Threats and Trends Across the Healthcare Industry
Medical Device and IoT Device Security Best Practices
Real-World Examples of Recent Incidents and Some Key Takeaways from Each
Benefits of Attending
The 2019 CTEK Knowledge Share Series has been approved by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) to award a total of 3 continuing education credits towards the Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) program. CHIME Members may claim their CEUs for this event by entering them on the CHIME website at https://chimecentral.org/education/non-chime-continuing-education-units/.
This education activity has been submitted to the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® and is currently pending their review for approval of CCB CEUs.
- Reveive a certificate of attendance that can be used to apply for some CEUs
- Mingle with peers and have open dialogue with industry experts
- Learn/refresh upon state-specific privacy laws and policies
- Hear about the latest trends, challenges, and strategies for medical device security
Why You Should Attend
- In 2018, 58% of all healthcare breaches were initiated by insiders.
- Ransomware leads all malicious code categories, responsible for 70% of breach attempt incidents.
- Almost half of the patients said they would find a different provider if they were informed that their medical records were stolen.
- New threats to healthcare security are an increasing concern to the industry and require proactive, not reactive, security measures.
- Attendees have the opportunity to submit a certificate of completion and agenda for continuing education credits.
Who Should Attend
- Privacy Officers & Analysts
- Security Officers & Analysts
- Biomedical and Clinical Engineers
- Compliance Officers & Analysts
- CIOs, CISOs & IT Directors
- HIM Directors
- Legal Professionals
What Past Attendees are Saying
I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.
“Thank you so much for the chance to attend this event. It was a great program, well presented and the appropriate length of time. I look forward to participating again in the future.”
Read more about the positive feedback we received from our workshops in 2018.