CynergisTek’s Marti Arvin and David Holtzman will be presenting at the 2016 HCCA Healthcare Enforcement Compliance Institute, occurring on October 17-19 in Baltimore, Maryland. CynergisTek will also be exhibiting at the event.
” Health Information Privacy and Security Standards” (Pre-Conference Session)
Sunday, October 23, 2016: 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
Adam Greene, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
Iliana Peters, Senior Advisor for HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement, HHS Office for Civil Rights
Marti Arvin, Vice President of Audit Strategy, CynergisTek
- How OCR is addressing HIPAA non-compliance through complaint and breach investigations and the audit program
- Lessons learned from recent resolution agreements
- Practical tips for preparing for OCR audits, responding to breaches, and working with OCR during investigations and settlement discussions
“Preparing your Organization for an HHS-OIG Information Security Audit”
Monday, October 24, 2016: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
David Holtzman, VP Compliance, CynergisTek
Brian Johnson, Acting Director, IT Audit, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services OIG
- Learn how OIG develops & executes projects assessing security of information & information systems of HHS programs & participants, including Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance Marketplaces, HIPAA covered entities, and recipients of CMS EHR incentive payments
- Explore the key areas that are the focus of an audit engagement, as well as the criteria, processes, and tools that are used to measure the effectiveness of safeguards for information assurance as well as steps to prepare for an OIG performance audit
- Using risk-based frameworks to empower organizations in identifying threats and vulnerabilities to information assurance. Learn how compliance pros assess an organization for meeting regulatory requirements and industry best practices
CynergisTek will also be exhibiting at booth 18. While at the event, stop by our booth the discuss your organization’s compliance strategies with our team members David Holtzman, Marti Arvin and Derek Miller.
Click here for more information on this event and to register.