Patient Privacy In Research Under HIPAA and the Additional HIPAA and Privacy Issues Related to Big Data Sets
Wednesday, June 6th from 10:15 am to 11:45 am
- Marti Arvin; Vice President, Audit Strategy; CynergisTek, Inc.
- Shannon Hoffert, Attorney, Butler Snow LLP
The session will cover:
- Discussion of the relative risks under HIPAA among research stakeholders including the PI, IRB, grants and contracts, sponsors and more.
- The additional issues when discussing HIPAA, privacy and big data.
- Other considerations when thinking about creating and maintaining big data sets.