December Featured Speakers
Founder & Advisor
CEO & President
Mac McMillan is the Founder & Advisor of CynergisTek, Inc., top-ranked information security and privacy consulting firm focused on the healthcare IT industry. He is a member of CHIME’s AEHIS Advisory Board, recognized as a
HIMSS Fellow and former Chair of the HIMSS Privacy & Security Policy Task
Force. McMillan brings nearly 40 years of combined intelligence, security countermeasures, and consulting experience from positions within the
government and private sector and has worked in the healthcare industry
since his retirement from the federal government in 2000.
McMillan is a thought leader in compliance, security, and privacy issues in healthcare, contributing to several industry trade publications and blogs. He was recognized in Becker’s Hospital Review’s lists of influential healthcare IT leaders by both its writers and readers in 2015 and was named one of the top 10 health information security influencers of 2013 by HealthInfoSecurity. He currently sits on several other advisory boards, including HIT Exchange HealthTech Industry, HCPro Editorial Advisory Board HealthInfoSecurity Editorial Advisory Board, and HealthCare’s Most Wired™ Survey Advisory Board. McMillan also presents regularly at industry association events, such as CHIME, HCCA, HIMSS, and AHIMA, and was a contributing author to the HIMSS book, “Information Security in Healthcare: Managing Risk.”
McMillan served as Director of Security for two separate Defense Agencies and sat on numerous interagency intelligence and security countermeasures committees while serving in the U.S. government. He holds a Master of Arts degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the U.S. Naval War College and a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Texas A&M University. He is a graduate of the Senior Officials in National Security program at the JF Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and a 1993/4 Excellence in Government Fellow.
Vice President, Security Services
Vice President, Privacy and Compliance
March Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
Mac McMillan takes a dive into the current state of Healthcare Cybersecurity, Privacy, Compliance, and IT Audit in this special 2-hour Cyber Briefing kick-off!
April Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
Dave Bailey and Andrew Mahler are here to discuss encryption times (when is it too late?) and emerging trends in Right of Access Enforcement
May Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
Dave Bailey and Andrew Mahler are back this month and cover what it really takes to implement technology solutions successfully, and updates on the Cures Act.
June Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
Our Medical Device Security expert Jon Benedict will discuss IoMT, its current challenges, and approaches to better protect network-connected devices. Last, (and back by popular demand) Andrew Mahler will deep dive into the 8 exceptions of the Information Blocking rule.
July Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
- The ins-n-outs of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) what it means to you, and what you should be doing now
- How to Implement Privileged Access Management (PAM). Bring your questions + feedback to this session, our experts encourage an interactive audience!
August Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
- How to effectively develop and measure against cybersecurity KPIs
- 3rd party risk shared responsibility
September Cyber Briefing: Cancelled
- September’s Cyber Briefing is cancelled and the topic will be presented in October.
October Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
- CynergisTek Founder and CEO Mac McMillan will provide a brief update, review the current threat landscape, and discuss current events relevant to healthcare risk.
- Cybersecurity expert, Dave Bailey will lead a special, focused session on the Security Operations Center (SOC). Learn about the three ways to implement a SOC, and how to effectively qualify a partner.
November Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
- CynergisTek Founder and CEO Mac McMillan will provide a brief update on trends and happenings that have developed over the last month. He will review the current threat landscape, and discuss current events relevant to healthcare risk that should be on your radar
- Our Cyber Resilience Strategic Advising team joins us for the first time this month. Ratana Kong DeLuca and Mike Vida (you might recognize his bow tie) join us this month to specifically discuss how a cybersecurity strategy builds enterprise resilience to support the organization’s mission to deliver quality and safe healthcare services
December Cyber Briefing: Watch Now >>
- The Threat on the Shelf. In this final session of 2022, Andrew and Dave uncover privacy and cybersecurity threats hiding in plain sigh.
- Mac McMillan provides a brief update on trends and happenings that have developed over the last month.
CHIME Continuing Education Credits
CynergisTek’s Monthly Cyber Briefings have been approved by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) for 1 CEU per educational hour for the following certification programs:
- Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) Program
- CHIME Foundation Certified Healthcare Executive, (CFCHE) Program
- Certified Healthcare Information Security Leader (CHISL) Program
- Certified Digital Health (CDH) Program
Certificate holders may claim their CEUs for this program by entering them on the CHIME website as a non-CHIME CEU at https://chimecentral.org/continuing-education-credits-ceus/.
HIMSS Continuing Education Credits
This program is approved for up to 11.0 continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) or the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS).
HIMSS Certificate holders may track their continuing education (CE) hours for each session using the downloadable form below. Please keep a copy of your form, you will need to provide a copy of this form if selected for an audit when renewing your certification.
Get Started with CynergisTek Today
Be Ready. Be Resilient. Validate