Ratanta DelucaInformation Security Consultant
Ratanta DeLuca is an analytical chief compliance officer with over 12 years of compliance and government regulatory enforcement experience committed to developing, implementing and maintaining robust, viable compliance programs, providing advisory services, and conducting risk assessments in the areas of business development, contracts, corporate compliance, risk management, patient safety, privacy, and information security for healthcare organizations, and over 4 years of experience in healthcare operations management in integrated behavioral health, intellectual and developmental disabilities (“IDD”), primary care, pharmacy, and community support/case management setting.
- Member of the C-Suite senior management team responsible for oversight and management of Metrocare’s corporate compliance department/program, enterprise risk management program, and HIPAA/HITECH information privacy and security programs.
- Serve as Acting Chief Operating Officer in the absence of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Work with Chief Operating Officer on state reporting, budget planning, operations and key performance indicators management, and other business transactions to serve as backup.
- Serve as Public Information Officer designee to manage and respond to Open Record Requests under the Texas Public Information Act/Freedom of Information Act.
- Serve as other official Metrocare designee to work with outside Counsel cooperate and/or respond to local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Serve as key member in organization accreditation planning committee and work group in reviewing and approving documents and items prepared for accreditation submission.
- Serve as project sponsor for development and implementation of Metrocare’s new electronic health record system for regulatory compliance, information security, and information privacy controls.
- Participate in quarterly Quality Council meetings presenting Compliance subcommittee reports, and risk management, patient safety, and critical incidents reports for the Risk Management subcommittee.
- Participate in Institutional Review Board (“IRB”), Human Rights Committee (“HRC”), and Behavior Intervention Committee (“BIC”) meetings overseeing organizational research compliance and patient information privacy, rights, and safety.
- Conduct due diligence analysis and review, provide approval, and update to all organizational contracts, collaborative projects, partnerships and business relationships to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in engagements.
- Assist in compliance and risk evaluation, process planning and implementation, and contract negotiation, drafting, and review for new ventures, partnerships, or collaborations.
- Provide and presents quarterly compliance, information privacy, and information security reports and training to Board of Trustees.
- Instructor at the company’s Leadership Institute on Ethics and Compliance.
- Health Law Certificate in Regulatory Analysis and Compliance
- Certificate in Healthcare Compliance (“CHC”)
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (“CCEP”)