Our thanks to the team at healthcareinfosecurity.com for asking CynergisTek to share its firsthand experience with the OCR HIPAA Audit Program.
Friday – June 29, 2012 – 3:30 PM Eastern (12:30 PM Pacific) Duration: 90 Minutes
Wednesday – July 11, 2012 – 1:00 PM Eastern (10:00 AM Pacific) Duration: 90 Minutes
A good way to prepare for federal HIPAA compliance audits is to learn from the experiences of the first organizations audited earlier this year.
This webinar will feature timely insights from a consultant who observed first-hand an audit at a hospital that was one of the 20 initial sites audited under the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights’ new program. Another 95 sites will be audited by year’s end, and most have yet to be notified.
Join us for this exclusive session, when you’ll gain a clear understanding of:
- The audit process and protocol and how to prepare for the experience;
- The level of rigor in the audit process and the expectations of the auditors;
- The essential steps to take to prepare staff, including insights on how to successfully interact with the auditors.
The HITECH Act called for HIPAA compliance audits as part of an effort to help ensure compliance with its privacy and security provisions. The HHS Office for Civil Rights has completed the first 20 pilot audits, and it plans to complete another 95 by the end of this year.
Those to be audited will be notified in phases in months ahead. How can you help ensure your organization is well-prepared if it’s selected? By learning from the experiences of those who’ve been through the audit experience.
This webinar will feature timely insights from an experienced consultant who aided a client with its audit, from start to finish.
The protocol for these assessments presents a rigorous audit experience that emphasizes the need for readiness, consultant Mac McMillan stresses.
McMillan’s experience advising a client who was audited provided valuable direct visibility into how these audits are conducted, the expectations of the auditors and the process. This session is designed to chronicle that experience and provide insights into how to improve your readiness posture.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- What the audit process looks like and what to expect;
- How to prepare for the document request requirements;
- How to prepare your staff for successful interaction with the auditors;
- How to prepare all your departments for the audit process;
- How to review your information security program to understand weaknesses;
- How to prepare your response.