CynergisTek looks forward to participating in multiple ways at HIMSS annual conference in Orlando, Florida. This year, the team will be exhibiting, educating attendees on recent compliance topics and offering our services as a solution. Our VP of privacy and security compliance services, David Holtzman and CEO, Mac McMillan will co-present, “Understanding Risk Analysis” at one of the educational tracks.
CynergisTek will be exhibiting at HIMSS14 in booth 1277. Stop by to test your HIPAA compliance IQ and for a chance to win a private educational event for you and your team hosted by CynergisTek. We will also feature some educational presentations by former OCR advisor, David Holtzman. He will address trending compliance issues that providers and vendors are challenged with, as well as answering your most difficult compliance, privacy and security questions.
CynergisTek is also proud to have several partners in the booth to feature their privacy/security solutions. Partners include:
- Iatric Systems patient privacy monitoring and auditing solution, Security Audit Manager (SAM). SAM is a fully automated solution that monitors audit logs, documents every access to patient data across the entire hospital enterprise and identifies potential HIPAA breaches within diverse software applications. By proactively monitoring access to sensitive data 24/7 and in real time, SAM has the ability to identify common security and privacy breaches.
- SecureLink‘s vendor management solution, SecureLink Enterprise. It helps clients manage their vendors by exercising greater control over who is accessing their system and identify and address suspicious behavior to eliminate unnecessary entry.
- ComplyAssistant/Comply Consult‘s ComplyAssistant solution that automates the process of tracking info security and privacy compliance for its healthcare clients. Blass and CynergisTek have integrated Blass’ ComplyAssistant, into CynergisTek’s Surveyor solution series to optimize vendor management and risk mitigation process for Covered Entities and Business Associates.
Booth 1277 is located between the WA2 and WA3 exits. Email email@example.com to schedule time for a demo or meet with us at HIMSS14.
CynergisTek’s Mac McMillan, CEO, and David Holtzman, vice president of privacy and security compliance services, were selected to co-present at HIMSS14. Their presentation, “Understanding Risk Analysis” will examine OCR’s risk analysis requirement for healthcare organizations, analyzing both the business need and where it is required by regulation. This presentation will also explain the key elements of a risk analysis, the risk assessment process and explore several well known risk assessment methodologies. Attendees will learn how to identify key elements of a thorough risk analysis, will hear lessons learned from OCR’s 2012 random compliance audits and will better understand the requirements around risk analysis are related to establishing new program, systems and connections.
McMillan and Holtzman will be presenting on February 26th, from 10 am – 11 am EST in Room 204A. Click here for more details and email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview with Mac and/or David.
CynergisTek CEO, Mac McMillan, and Vice President of Privacy and Security Compliance Services, David Holtzman, will present short, informal presentations at the CynergisTek exhibit booth #1277 at HIMSS14. The presentations will address trending compliance topics and provide attendees with guidance on how to overcome some of today’s most difficult industry challenges. Each presentation is educational and gives attendees the opportunity to ask questions and discuss their biggest concerns.
- Breach Risk Analysis & Notification: in this brief presentation, Holtzman will review the processes and procedures that need to be executed as part of an effective security incident reaction plan. He will review the breach risk analysis process to help attendees identify when an incident requires notification to HHS, as well as provide best practices for notifying HHS. Monday February 24th at 3:30 EST
- How to Build an Effective Health InfoSec Program: Mac McMillan and CynergisTek customer, Heather Roszkowski, Chief Information Security Officer at Fletcher Allen Health Care will co-present a case study that describes best practices for implementing an effective and compliant information security program. McMillan will identify the key elements and Roszkowski will discuss her first-hand experience as a CISO at a large healthcare organization, including challenges she encountered and how they were addressed. Tuesday, February 25th at 2:00 pm EST
- OCR Enforcement Outlook: What Providers & Vendors Need to Know: in this presentation, Holtzman will provide insight into potentially forthcoming HIPAA Rule changes and explain what enforcement activities the industry can expect now that OCR is enforcing compliance with the Omnibus Rule. Tuesday February 25th at 4:00 pm EST