Sabrina Rodak from Becker’s Hospital Review interviewed our own Mac McMillan for commentary on the alarming upward trend of recent reported data breaches in healthcare and what organizations could be doing better. This article is straightforward, plain-speak – perfect for sharing with executive leaders and service-line leaders alike.
Mac’s Top 10 included:
- Develop a culture of security
- Implement a risk management program
- Manage relationships with vendors and business associates
- Create an incident response process
- Audit and monitor the environment
- Manage the enterprise
- Encrypt data
- Monitor the database
- Build data awareness
- Educate users
Read the entire article here.