We invite you to attend our free HIPAA Privacy and Security Workshop on Tuesday, March 21st in Minneapolis, Minnesota. During this three-hour educational event, industry expert David Holtzman will draw on his previous experience to cover several key topics related to healthcare privacy, security and compliance.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
HIPAA Challenges for Covered Entities and Business Associates
Information on Compliance Audits by OCR, CMS and OIG
Strategies for Audit Preparedness
Top Security Challenges and Cybersecurity Threats in the Healthcare Industry
Real-World Examples of Recent Incidents and Key Takeaways from Each
Why You Should Attend
- OCR resumed the random HIPAA compliance audits through desk audits of covered entities and business associates in 2016.
- Multiple government agencies are imposing fines and penalties through breach settlements and investigations of incidents. In fact, OCR increased enforcement actions in 2016 by issuing over $23M in fines.
- Healthcare organizations are becoming attractive targets for cyberattacks, due to the amount and value of data that is stored on their systems.
- The average cost of a data breach for healthcare organizations is now over $2.2 million, while the average cost of a data breach for business associates is over $1 million, according to the Ponemon Institute.
- New and trending threats to healthcare security are an increasing concern to the industry and require proactive, not reactive, security measures.
- Attendees have the opportunity to submit a certificate of completion and agenda for continuing education credits.
- HIPAA Updates
- Enforcement Activities for Non-Compliance
- Audit Outlook
- Hot Issues for 2017
- What’s Changing
- Top Threat Areas
- The Impact to Healthcare
Who Should Attend
- Privacy Officers & Analysts
- Security Officers & Analysts
- Compliance Officers & Analysts
- CIOs, CISOs & IT Directors
- HIM Directors
What Past Attendees are Saying
I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.
I attended your workshop and thought it was great. David’s OCR experiences and insight were tremendously valuable, and it was helpful hearing about your clients’ experiences.
Read more about the positive feedback we received from our workshops in 2016.