We invite you to attend our free workshop, “Privacy and Security Challenges in Healthcare Research Projects,” on Wednesday, April 26th in New York City. Hosted by Marti Arvin, a subject matter expert in healthcare compliance programs, this three-hour workshop is specifically tailored to address the unique privacy and security requirements for healthcare research projects.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
Research Process and the Implications of Privacy and Data Protection
HIPAA Requirements and Research for the Players Involved
Regulations Impacting Privacy and Security Other Than HIPAA, Such as FISMA, Common Rule and SAMSHA
Integration of Research Into the Compliance Program
Why You Should Attend
- Privacy and security issues related to healthcare research projects are complex and can be difficult to understand.
- There are a variety of laws and regulations that apply to research projects, depending on the entity sponsoring the research project and/or where the information is coming from regarding the research subject.
- Understanding how these various laws and regulations determine how information can be acquired, used or shared is critical to assuring the research and the research institution are in compliance with these various requirements.
- The Research Process & Implications on Privacy & Data Protection
- Life of a Research Study
- Specifics of HIPAA & Research
- Other Regulations Impacting Privacy & Security (Common Rule, State Laws, SAMSHA, FISMA, etc.)
Who Should Attend
- Clinical Research Professionals
- Compliance Officers
- Privacy Officers
- HIM Professionals
- Research Compliance Officers
- Information Security Officers
- General Counsel
- Research Coordinators
- Principal Investigators
- IRB/Office of Human Subject Protections Directors
What Past Attendees are Saying
I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.
I was happy to see that this was not just a sales pitch for a product, but truly an educational offering.
Read more about the positive feedback we received from our regional workshops in 2016.