We invite you to attend our free Healthcare Information Privacy Workshop on Thursday, April 6th in Memphis, Tennessee. During this three-hour educational event, industry expert David Holtzman will help healthcare providers, health plans and vendors navigate through the new era of complex regulations, increased challenges to manage health information, and expanded enforcement for failure to protect sensitive patient data.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
Latest Regulatory Updates from OCR
Patient Access to PHI and the Privacy Rule’s Right of Access Standard
Key Steps for Breach Preparedness, Assessment and Response
Ransomware Guidance from OCR and How it Affects Breach Reporting
Latest Updates on OCR Audits and How Best to Prepare
Register For This Event
Why You Should Attend
- OCR issues several pieces of guidance each year, each of which contain pertinent information to healthcare professionals.
- With a rise in healthcare breaches, it is critical that organizations are able to recognize, assess, and mitigate breach incidents.
- OCR expect organizations to produce documentation that demonstrates processes and procedures are in action.
- The impacts of the 2013 modifications to the Right of Access standard are critical to understand, including the requirements around providing patients with electronic and digital copies of medical records and increased data sharing with third parties.
- Updates made to the standards of the confidentiality of substance abuse treatment records (42 CFR Part 2) have created new requirements for health care professionals.
- OCR Enforcement and Guidance Update
- Breach Assessment and Notification Requirements
- OCR Permanent Audit Program
- Patient Right to Access and Amendment
- Behavioral Health Confidentiality
- What to Expect in 2017
Who Should Attend
- Privacy Officers & Analysts
- Compliance Officers & Analysts
- CIOs, CISOs & IT Directors
- HIM Directors
What Past Attendees are Saying
I appreciate an organization that is willing to share information for free. Those that have little to give keep what little they have close. However when you are willing to share for free, there is more to be had and they are truly at the top of their field.
I attended your workshop and thought it was great. David’s OCR experiences and insight were tremendously valuable, and it was helpful hearing about your clients’ experiences.
Read more about the positive feedback we received from our regional workshops in 2016.